Daily News' Database Central: A Procrastinator's Dream
Every now and then the L.A. Daily News shows off its individual databases but is currently spotlighting all of them on one Web page. Culled from public records that we may be too lazy to track down ourselves, they provide the procrastinator with hours of dreamy fun that can be written off on company time sheets as "research." The paper's Web site provides your wandering fingertips with information about everything from mug shots and crime histories of L.A.'s most wanted criminals, to a breakdown of all of Bernie Madoff's California suckers. But wait -- there's more! You can also track down:
- Where every stimulus package dollar is going to in L.A.
- The location of every San Fernando Valley left-hand turn signal, current and planned
- L..A. Unified School District salaries
- Home foreclosures, listed by address block. (Zip codes are restricted to S.F. Valley and Eagle Rock, though.)
- The location of S.F. Valley potholes