Space Shuttle Endeavour Street Closures and Viewing Areas
After months of preparations--tree cutting, power line lifting, street sign removing--the day is finally upon us. The space shuttle Endeavour left LAX on its final mission to Exposition Park late last night. And it's traveled a few dozen feet so far.
There will be rolling street closures to accomodate the shuttle throughout today and tomorrow, but spectators who can navigate the labyrinthine maze will have the chance to view the shuttle at three designated times and locations.
- Sepulveda Eastway from Westchester Pkwy to 87th Street (10pm on Thursday to 5pm on Friday)
- La Tijera Boulevard from Sepulveda Boulevard to Manchester Avenue (4am to 5pm on Friday)
- The 405 Freeway on and off ramps at Manchester Avenue and the southbound off-ramp at La Cienega Boulevard/Florence Avenue. (10am Friday to 4am Saturday)
- Manchester Avenue from Sepulveda Boulevard to Aviation Boulevard (12pm to 5pm Friday)
- Crenshaw Boulevard from 79thth Street to Vernon Avenue (10am to 3pm on Saturday)
- Crenshaw Boulevard from Vernon Avenue to 39th Street and Martin Luther King Boulevard from Marltin Avenue to 4th Avenue (8pm on Friday to 8pm on Saturday)
- Martin Luther King Boulevard from 4th Avenue to Figueroa Street and Bill Robertson Lane from Martin Luther King Boulevard to Exposition Park (4pm to 10pm Saturday)
Shuttle Viewing Areas
Saturday, October 13 from 8am to 10am
Crenshaw Boulevard at Martin Luther King Blvd
October 13 at 2pm
Exposition Park, between Bill Robertson Lane and Vermont Ave
October 13th, 8:30pm