Christopher Dorner Reward Set At $1 Million As Manhunt Continues
Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa today announced that a $1 million reward was being offered for information leading to the capture of alleged cop killer Christopher Dorner.
Ted Soqui for LA Weekly
The mayor said:
We will not tolerate anyone undermining the security, the tranquility, of our neighborhoods and our communities.
The announcement was made as various jurisdictions pitched into the reward pot; the L.A. County Board of Supervisors was expected to pitch in $100,000.
Cheif Beck says the LA police union, private donors, his own credit union and others helped put together money for reward. #Dorner— Erika Aguilar (@erikaaaguilar) February 10, 2013
Cops believe ex-officer Dorner fatally shot 27-year-old Keith Lawrence his fiance, 28-year-old Monica Quan, in Irvine one week ago today before ambushing Riverside cops, killing one, Thursday morning.
A manifesto blaming his treatment by the LAPD in 2008 for his rampage -- he was fired for allegedly lying about a use-of-force incident -- has been attributed to the fugitive.
All week the search for Dorner focused on the Big Bear area, where his burned out Nissan Titan pickup was found burned out, but the manhunt there, once involving at least 100 law enforcement personnel, appears to be getting cold.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department today said the number of cops on the hunt had been reduced to 25.
Call 911 if you've seen him or might know where he is.