Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food
- "I think he's an excellent choice for this job. Yes, I know he worked for Monsanto..." Marion Nestle on Michael Taylor, the new special assistant to the FDA Commissioner for food safety.
- "The nation's soggy economic climate has not dampened the imaginations of some bold Los Angeles restaurateurs." Jeffrey Steingarten on his current favorite L.A. restaurants.
- "There is a strong chance that you've been opening bananas wrong your whole life." Lifehacker on how to 'open a banana like a monkey.'
- "A technician able to orchestrate a 12-course degustation menu with the sure confidence of John Woo putting together an action sequence." Jonathan Gold on Church and State's Walter Manzke.
- "She can balance on her forearms long enough to rearrange her hair with her toes," from Your Bartender the Contortionist.
- "The line at Mozza is about to get longer," from Pizza 2 Go: Riva to Ditch Pizza.
- "If you still need your water portable, get a flask and a sheep," from New Reports on Plastic Water Bottles.
- "There is a beautiful contrapasso to mulching one's Early Girl tomato plants and Meyer lemon trees with compost made from the last of Frank Bruni's restaurant reviews," from Composting: What to Do With Really Fallen Fruit.