I'd Like a Black Eye, Please: Secret Fast Food Menus
In a town that elevates VIP treatment to a level that, at the very least, approaches absurdity, it makes sense that the rest of us would want a taste of it too. The easiest, and cheapest, way to be special and in-the-know? Ordering secret (and not-so-secret) off-menu stuff at fast-food joints. Full disclosure: the off-menu items contained herein cannot all be personally attested to by this author, so when you sidle up to the counter, casually ask for a "Suicide" at Burger King, and are met with a blank stare, you're on your own. (4 meat patties, 4 slices of cheese, bacon and sauce on a sesame seed bun.)
Samantha Spanos Suicide on a bun.
Serious Eats-Corey Jones You animal!
- Animal-style burgers & fries: But they don't say, for instance, that fries too, can be ordered "Animal-style," which is to say, with pickles, sauce and grilled onions.
- Grilled Cheese: You can order a "grilled cheese" (cheeseburger, hold the meat) and cheese fries too.
- Flying Dutchman: Two beef patties and two slices of cheese on a bun.
- Neopolitan Shake: They'll also make a Neapolitan shake (as will Wendy's, Fatburger, and McDonald's).
- Lemon-Up: You can wash everything down with a "Lemon-up," a mixture of Lemonade and 7-Up. So evidently, there are still ins and outs to uncover.
Frank P., Picasa Creative Commons The Fat Fatburger
Fatburger has a few secrets in its bag of burgers too.
"Spanish-style" means a fried egg on top, and though who knows why you'd want to, you can order a burger or fries this way.