Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 12/28 - 12/31
Happy New Year everybody.
- "Sweetened and condescended milk." Squid Ink Top 10: Foodie Typos.
- "I kind of lost a little faith in Spanish restaurants in L.A., because the quality wasn't nearly as good as I thought it could be. But it's getting better. I go to The Bazaar a lot." Meet Your NBA Champion Foodie: Pau Gasol Talks El Bulli, Bazaar, Kobe and More.
- "I don't do New Year's resolutions because I don't want to fail. I live day by day." LA Chefs' New Year's Resolutions.
- "I keep thinking of macaroons as the coconut hockey pucks Junior's makes for Passover." Ask Mr. Gold: Finding Macaroons, From Eye-Popping Colors to Chocolate with Sea Salt.
- "It reminds me of Conrad's Heart of Darkness; the kitchen is like the center of the unconscious; it's where the sweat and language break down and where the creative process takes place." Your Server's Other Job: Tobias Jelinek Talks The Nickel Diner, Point Break Live, Carnie Sideshows and Buddhist Monks.
- "When in uniform you're always, to some degree, on duty and need to stay close at hand. Even his choice of seat-- the corner, his back to the wall, his eyes overlooking the restaurant-- is completely tactical." Eat Like the Police: Dinner and a Ride Along With the SMPD.
- "There will also be a bicycle valet from 5 p.m. onwards run by LACBC. What's a bicycle valet? You're gonna have to ask the bartender about that one." Holiday Brew Fest at the Library Alehouse: Lots of Beer + A Bicycle Valet.
- "What do tranny hookers, crumbling walls, fedoras, and a show-stopping entrance have in common?" Things To Be Excited About In The New Year: The Bar "Con Sugar" That You Can't Wait To Visit