Top 10 Songs About Food (But Not Buildings)
5. Two Triple Cheese, Side Order Fries - Commander Cody. An ode to his paradise, his favorite burger joint: "Pickles, onions and special secret sauce, what's inside the patties' only known to the boss."
4. Dos Tacos - Augie Meyers. Opening with "Dos tacos de chorizo, por favor", Meyers tells of a bad night (his girl left him, he's drunk and now, hungry) that may still be salvaged by eating: "maybe some menudo, I've got to have some food..."
3. Sushi Bar Song - Shonen Knife. The Japanese pop-punk trio has done several food songs as well. This one excitedly looks forward to going to a sushi bar and reels off 22 sushi items ranging from akagai to uni...even natto.
2. Food - The Turtles. Led by two of Westchester High's own, this song mentions at least 35 different foods - on either side of a brownie recipe.
1. Let's Eat - Nick Lowe's Last Chicken In The Shop. From the opening lines of "Hey everybody what ya doin' tonight?, let's stop talkin' and go get a bite" to it's catchy chorus of "Let's eat, let's eat, I want to move, move, move, move, move my teeth," this obscure tune should be a foodies anthem.