Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 3/29-4/2
- "Wednesday is Offal Good at Palate, a 21-gun salute to innards - last week saw cardiac night, with chicken-heart fattoush, lamb-heart shwarma, and beef-heart kebabs with prawns and romesco sauce, three courses for $25." Ask Mr. Gold: If It's Tuesday... It Must Be The Foundry.
- "They said I created the mannequin. This is not true. I can't even sew." Tiger's Condom "Outfit" Stirs up a Media Storm + Thai Condom Salad.
- "But then there was the unexpected brown butter caramel filling: She married the master chocolatier." Madame Chocolate, Hasty Torres (Ya, That Jacques Torres) Dips Her Easter Peeps In Beverly Hills.
- "I mean, if Gatorade had a flavor named Kobe and wasn't paying him for it, we'd be suing them too." Laker Star Kobe Bryant Sues Japanese City Over Naming Rights To High-End Beef.
- "Here's a skin treatment that's cheaper than Botox. It's painless. Better yet, you can eat it." Better than Botox? Agura's Collagen Terrine.
- "It's too early to tell what this decade's favorite desserts will be, but whatever they are, chances are they'll involve bacon or macarons. (Hopefully both.) " Sugary (and Corn Syrupy) Blast From the Past: A Look Back at Our Nation's Favorite Desserts.
- "Eating in Koreatown is like being an inventor in the second half of the 18th century: it's nearly impossible to put forth any effort at all without stumbling onto something exciting." Squid Ink Food Fight: Korean Sushi, Rice, Salad Bowl: Hwe Dup (Mmmmm) Bap.
- "Next time Colbert could get Glenn Beck to chop mirepoix with a Kindle." Stephen Colbert's Latest Foray into Cooking: iPad Salsa.