Top 10 Holiday Cocktails + 2 Recipes
7. The Accursed Fruitcake cocktail at Allston Yacht Club in Echo Park may change your mind about that infamous Christmas staple with its brandy, cider, ginger beer and "inebriated fruits."
8. Leave it to Matt Biancaniello, bartender of The Hollywood Roosevelt's Library Bar, to come up with what is perhaps the most decadent eggnog, the Mushroom and White Truffle Eggnog. He throws together a candy cap mushroom-infused Basil Hayden's bourbon, a white truffle-infused egg, white truffle-infused cream and agave. Completing the cocktail with shave white truffle and dark chocolate on top.
9. The Drink That Shall Not Be Named
From: Zahra Bates of Providence
Makes: 1 drink
2 ounces Leblon Cachaca
1 3/4 ounces grapefruit juice
1 hachiya persimmon
1 bar spoon Averna Amaro
1. Cut persimmon into quarters and brûlée the flesh only with cinnamon sugar.
2. Squeeze the flesh out of the skin and lightly muddle into a puree.
3. Build the rest into a Boston glass, add ice shake and fine strain.
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 sticks of cinnamon
3 whole cloves
1 liter Earl Grey tea
2 ounces per guest Black Goslings rum
1. Mix all the ingredients together except the rum.
2. When everything is dissolved in the Earl Grey tea, put 2 ounces of rum in a glass then add the Earl Grey mixture, leaving a slim line at the top.
3. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
As a special for the holidays, Comme Ca will feature a unique holiday cocktail daily for 12 days. And starting on December 11, the first cocktail is $12 with the price decreasing every day to a $1 cocktail on the last day.