X Great Spots to Watch Super Bowl XLV
5. Basement Tavern: The Packers may play better indoors, but this is L.A., so why not enjoy the sunshine? For the big game, Basement Tavern at the Victorian will ascend from its usual subterranean digs, and take the party (and televisions) outside, where they'll also be serving free hot dogs, burgers, and sides. 2640 Main Street, Santa Monica; (310) 392-4956.
4. Busby's West: With 50 plasma TVs and a menu big enough to satisfy BJ Raji, Busby's West has become the Westside home of Packers Nation. Though homesick Cheeseheads can opt for brats and cheese-laden appetizers, for those interested in a taste of Dallas, there are plenty of barbecue options and a bit of Tex-Mex for good measure. 3110 Santa Monica Blvd. Santa Monica; (310) 828-4567
3. Gabe's Bar and Grill: On Super Bowl Sunday, Gabe's is the ultimate place to be for the serious Steelers fan. In addition to the requisite Roethlisberger Burger, for this year's big game, the homey dive is going potluck, grilling up Pittsburgh favorites behind the bar. Do we smell City Chicken? 2965 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles; (310) 473-1667
2. Biergarten: Hines Ward, who grew up on kalbi and kimchi, would love Biergarten's spicy tacos. Along with their regular menu of Korean/German/Japanese fusion pub grub, on Super Bowl Sunday, the K-Town favorite will be offering a $22.99 special, which comes with a liter stein of German suds, a Rockenwagner bacon cheese pretzel, and your choice of wurst, and owner Neil Kwon promises the game will be playing with "booming sound." 206 N. Western Ave, Los Angeles; (323) 466-4860.
1. Lucky Baldwins: Scare fans of the opposing team by menacingly ordering a pint of I Beat You, a hoppy Danish IPA that is just one of the quirky brews available at Pasadena's beercentric pub, Lucky Baldwins. If things are going well for your team, celebrate with a stein of Old Jubelation, and if you're on the losing side, order an Arrogant Bastard for the smug winners and hope for some (Russian River) Redemption in the second half. 17 South Raymond Ave, Pasadena; (626) 795-0652.