Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 3/7-3/11
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "You're the porteño with the Ph.D. in literature. You tell me." Ask Mr. Gold: In Search of Salteñas, Revisited.
- "And the drink is named The Bitter End 'because we all know this isn't going to be a happy ending,' says Straus." 8 Charlie Sheen Cocktail Recipes from L.A. Bartenders.
- "This being Day 27 of our Quest to Develop Gout and Hasten our Dependence on Blood Thinners, we don't bite at dessert unless it looks spectacular. Taylor's dessert tray looked nice." 30 Burgers in 30 Days: Taylor's Prime Steaks in Koreatown (Day 27).
- "The 6 pointers from the news release are after the jump, including three emphasizing that inspectors may not be paid for good grades. That's Yelp, remember?" LAPD Warns Restaurant Owners of Health Inspector Scam.
- "You know what isn't awesome? Driving around in the year 2011 with that same list of marvels at our fingertips, hoping to find a place to stop and get a drink, but being thwarted instead of helped by bars who have unfortunately un-searchable names." Top 5 Least-Google-Friendly Bars in L.A.
- "Still, a good place -- even if Slash is no longer restringing his Gibson in a corner booth." Dive Bar Report: Kibitz Room.
- "The mango shaved snow at Pa Pa Walk, for instance, is like fresh powder at Deer Valley; the Sugar Daddy-flavored baobing at Apo Apo in Rowland Heights has the grain of something ground out by a Snoopy Snow Cone Machine." Best Shaved Ice: Class 302.
- Established in 1953, it probably hasn't seen a crack of daylight since." 30 Burgers in 30 Days: Taylor's Prime Steaks in Koreatown (Day 27).