Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 3/14-3/18
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Have we ever tried poutine? Don't come around here much, do you?" Ask Mr. Gold: Poutine in Los Angeles, or The Endurance of Boy Food.
- "'You're not nearly as fat as I expected.'" 30 Burgers in 30 Days: The Aftermath.
- "You can buy fresh fish, homemade pasta -- 350 pounds of homemade pasta a day is what we are going through now." Q & A With Lidia Bastianich: On Vegas, Her Next Book + Chances Of An L.A.-based Eataly.
- "It's not just former presidents who get book deals, but sitting first ladies too, for which we are grateful." Michelle Obama Signs a Book Deal: The White House Garden + Family Recipes.
- "Because presumably, at least one person 'watching' your most anticipated game is going to be bored out of their mind." Top 10 March Madness Food And Drink Picks.
- "You can't exactly serve farm-to-table food when there's no table involved, so the new Flatiron Truck, which joined the masses of L.A. food trucks on March 5th, has dubbed their cuisine "farm-to-street." Flatiron Truck Brings "Farm-to-Street" Food to L.A.
- "Because Starbucks coffee isn't finished running every decent coffee company into the ground, the caffeinated behemoth is in talks to buy Northern California-based Peet's." Starbucks in Talks to Buy Peet's.
- "Gummy watermelon rings coated with chamoy (a Mexican seasoning of chili powder, sugar and salt)." Squid Ink Food Writers' Guilty Pleasures: Or, What We Eat Over the Sink.