Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 3/28-4/1
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Whatever the current style in Los Angeles restaurants ends up being named, all of it -- from the small-plate thing to the fixation on local, organic produce; the off-center proteins to the international palette of flavors; and the resistance to even modest customer requests -- may have its origins in the cheeseburger conspiracies of Father's Office tsar Sang Yoon." First Bite: Son of a Gun, or What Would You Want To Change Anyway?
- "But with Red Medicine I'm just an investor, I don't really have anything to do with the food." Q & A with Adam Fleischman of Umami Burger, Part 1: The 5th Taste, In-N-Out + The Quest for Global Domination.
- "SCRATCH THAT, it turns out his publisher has suddenly recalled the recipe from us and even from McGrady's own blog -- ah, another bloody $$-driven American publishing company." Prince William's Groom's Cake Revealed + The Royal Family's Chocolate Biscuit Cake Recipe.
- "I haven't been able to eat a fast food hamburger in thirty-five years." Breaking News from Alice Waters: "Yes, It's True. I Am Ruth Bourdain."
- "No confirmation on what the Doyer Dog costs, but we're guessing the price is outrageous. It takes a lot of money to prop up Frank McCourt's ego." LA Dodgers Unveil Doyer Dog; Also, More Salads.
- "Instead of being envied for its exclusivity, it was noted mainly for its laughable, Sunset Strip-like bouncers who catered to a C-grade celebutard crowd." Les Deux Closes: For Good.
- "Despite being excited for the April 6th premiere, we almost hung up when the first question came through: 'Curtis, you're sooooo good looking! How do you keep yourself fit?!'" Top 10 Most Interesting Things We Learned on a Top Chef Masters Conference Call with Curtis Stone, Ruth Reichl and James Oseland.
- "Now, if only Wendy's could do something about their limpid, freakishly square burger patties..." Wendy's "Gourmet" Fries Are a Hit.