Celebrate National Hamburger Day in L.A.
Tomorrow, May 28th, is the best holiday ever: National Hamburger Day. Actually, according to some calendars, so is July 28th. We're like the half-Jewish, half-Christian kid who gets to do Christmas and Hanukkah. We celebrate all burger holidays.
Guzzle & Nosh A burger mosaic.
To raise money for sick kids California-based burger chain Islands is launching a Miracle Menu. It runs May 28th through June 12 and includes popular spinach & artichoke dip, the signature Big Wave burger and the Kona Pie. 10% of proceeds from each item on the Miracle Menu will be donated to Children's Hospital Los Angeles. They hope to raise $100,000.
Don't feel like a chain restaurant? Here are 30 ways to celebrate from our 30 Burgers in 30 Days odyssey.
- Day 30: Rabbit Burgers at The Standard
- Day 29: Burgers & Fried Gnocchi at Osteria La Bucca
- Day 28: Hamburger Habit in West LA
- Day 27: Taylor's Prime Steak in Koreatown
- Day 26: Master Burger in Jefferson Park
- Day 25: Burgers & Burrata at Little Dom's in Los Feliz
- Day 24: Morton's The Strakhouse in downtown LA
- Day 23: Rustic Canyon Wine Bar in Santa Monica
- Day 22: Bar Bouchon in Beverly Hills
- Day 21: Stout in Hollywood
- Day 20: Mom's Burgers in Compton
- Day 19: Bill & Hiroko's in Van Nuys
- Day 18: Pacific Dining Car in Koreatown
- Day 17: Pie 'n Burger in Pasadena
- Day 16: Blue Dog Beer Tavern in Sherman Oaks
- Day 15: Exotic Meats at Billy's Burgers
- Day 14: Ground & Pound at The Bucket
- Day 13: Bacon Heaven at The Oaks Gourmet Market
- Day 12: Lazy Ox Canteen
- Day 11: Cassell's in Koreatown
- Day 10: Burgers & Beer at The Bottle Room
- Day 9: Pretzel Buns at Hole In The Wall Burger Joint
- Day 8: Late Night Burgers at Eveleigh
- Day 7: Apple Pan Keeps on Truckin'
- Day 6: Perfection at Comme Ã‡a
- Day 5: The Fix Is In
- Day 4: Fun with Buns at Rounds Premium Burgers
- Day 3: Whipped Cream & Other Delights at The Counter
- Day 2: Kimchi & Cultural Fusion at Kalbi Burger
- Day 1: Alcohol & Excess at GO Burger