Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 3/19 - 3/23
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "Of course, depending on where you're doing this hoisting, $5 can either go a long way (a six-pack of Blatz in northern Ohio) or land a drop in the proverbial bucket (60% of a pint of craft-brewed Belgian ale in New York City)." Tweet-a-Beer: Buying Your Idiot Friends Drinks Has Never Been Easier.
- "'Because you don't shoot the DJ, and you don't shoot the BBQ guy.'" The Park's Finest BBQ: BBQ That Hits Home.
- "If you've never heard of Grit, there's probably a pretty good chance you don't own a John Deere, or at least have it on your 'some day' wish list." Cookbook Review: Lard, Is It Your Secret Ingredient?
- "Now we're awash in so many small-batch tequilas and fresh-squeezed lime promises on cocktail menus that the idea of a $100 margarita is somehow (?) not terribly shocking." 5 Best Margaritas In L.A.
- "Don't expect hallucinogenic mushrooms." Meet Your Food Blogger: Valentino Herrera of Trippy Food.
- "So what kind of career does all this education lead to? Television, of course." Food Myths Busted with Mensa Member JJ Virgin.
- "Look super close. See if you can find 'mushroom hay.'" Food Word Clouds: Michael Voltaggios's Ink. Menu.
- "If you love nothing more than to stand in the kitchen thinking up ways to make those humble heads of cabbage really sing, then this is your opportunity to take center stage." Create a Big Stink: Cabbage Cooking Contest at Metabolic Studio.