Food Review or Calvin and Hobbes?
In our first food quiz, we pulled a few quotes from various food reviews, mixed them with choice bon mots courtesy one of the great wits of our time, Dorothy Parker, and asked whether you could identify who said what. In today's quiz, we swap Parker out for Bill Watterson, the cartoonist who created Calvin and Hobbes. Your goal is to differentiate between a boy and his pet tiger making astute observations on the human condition from folks simply talking about food. Because, as Calvin says, food should be nutrition and entertainment.
T. Nguyen Calvin and Hobbes and Cookbooks
- "I was promised there would be robots."
- "These days I mostly just want things to not annoy me."
- "Summer is butter on your chin and corn mush between every tooth."
- "This is like eating a bowl of Milk Duds."
- "And what good is originality if you can't crank it out?"
- "OH GODDDD!!! THEY DON'T HAVE SUGAR!!!!!"
- "Then again, maybe six slices at lunch is best left to professionals."
- "I don't totally crush their dreams. I just step on them a bit..."
- "It must be hard to cook if you anthropomorphize your vegetables."
- "This is hard data! It lets you quantify your enjoyment!"
Turn the page for the answers...
168 S. Beverly Drive, Beverly Hills, CA