Short Attention Span Dinner Theater: Your Week in Food, 11/12 - 11/16
In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- "What's the toy surprise inside? A mini defibrillator? A dose of nitroglycerin? A Valium?" Cracker Jack Introduces Caffeinated Version: Cracker Jack'd.
- "Well, that is not entirely accurate: the bottles of nouveau that 'arrive' on Thursday were on a boat to the U.S. market as early as the 26th of October, when the wine was, arguably, even newer than nouveau itself -- barely deserving of the name, in other words." Le Beaujolais Nouveau est Arrivé!
- "Oooh, look. It's vegan and gluten-free butternut squash soup." 10 Best Soups In Los Angeles.
- "And lastly, thin filaments of spun sugar were perched atop the brûléed apple, maybe signaling, via faint sugar radio waves, to the pastry kitchen, that all was as it should be." 14. Spago's Baked Jonagold Apple.
- "Part monologue, part stand-up routine, part recycled material from his most recent book, it's basically a change for all of us Bourdain-lovers to catch some of his filthy magic in person." Anthony Bourdain Coming To L.A. for Show At Pantages Theater with Roy Choi.
- "Still, it might be a good idea to occasionally drop your kid's PBJ in the dirt. Or, you know, let her play outside." Study: Rich Kids More Likely to Develop Peanut Allergy.
- "It was also very equisite and a looottt of attention to detail." 3rd Grade Food Writing: 9-Year-Old Pens Essay About His Visit to Ink.
- "Pigs? Yes, pigs. Lots of pigs. Thank you." Top 10 Los Angeles Chefs to Follow on Instagram.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.