Food & Wine Best New Chefs 2013 Announced
Food & Wine announced its highly anticipated list of 2013 Best New Chefs this morning. It did this not by sending out a memo -- well, there was one of those eventually -- but by tweeting out the list with a hashtag (#BNC25). Welcome to life as we know it. Congratulations, @MVoltaggio! Chef Michael Voltaggio (ink., ink.sack) was the only Los Angeles chef named to the annual list.
Anne Fishbein Michael Voltaggio at ink.
For all of you following along, the tweets came not from Food & Wine editor-in-chief Dana Cowin's Twitter account (@fwscout), but via CBS This Morning's (@CBSThisMorning). The 2013 honorees will be featured in the July issue of the magazine and will also attend the 31st annual Food & Wine Classic in Aspen from June 14-16. For the full list, turn the page.
Food & Wine Best New Chefs, 2013:
- Danny Bowien: Mission Chinese Food, New York City
- Justin Cogley: Aubergine, Carmel
- José Enrique: José Enrique, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Matthew Gaudet: West Bridge, Boston
- Jamie Malone: Sea Change, Minneapolis/li>
- Chris Shepherd: Underbelly, Houston
- Alex Stupak: Empellón Cocina, New York City
- Andy Ticer & Michael Hudman: Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen, Memphis
- Jason Vincent: Nightwood, Chicago
- Michael Voltaggio: ink., Los Angeles
And in somewhat related news:
- Where the Chefs Eat: ink.'s Michael Voltaggio
- Where Chefs Eat: The Hardcover Version + Where Michael Voltaggio Goes for "Stoner Sushi"
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.