Top Ten Instant Covers of Cee-Lo's "Fuck You": Ukuleles, Teenyboppers and White People Awkwardly Singing "Just Though You Should Know, Nigga"!
Cee-Lo's "Fuck You" was "leaked" a few weeks ago with an instantly popular lyrics-only video, soon followed by a much less interesting official video (and official t-shirts!). The first version spread around the Internet like wildfire and it wasn't long until several enterprising musicians, both professional and amateur, took to YouTube with their cover versions of the too-late-for-summer-jam tune.
There are two games you can play here: 1) which is your favorite early cover of Cee-Lo's "Fuck You"? and 2) how do these artists (particularly the white ones) handle the "Just though you should know, nigga" call-and-response line? Many of them are adorably awkward about it!
(also, keep clicking after the Number One for a VERY SPECIAL bonus track from an old internet friend...)
Top Ten Early Covers of Cee-Lo's "Fuck You"
10. The "Internet Shut-In White Dude With a Lot of Gear in His Bedroom" version (aka the "Dave Matthewsesque" version):
9. The "Filthy Mountain Hippie Pretend Old-Timey Band" version:
8. The "Inevitable White Hipster in His Bedroom with Acoustic Guitar He Uses to Impress Stoned Girls Like James Van Der Beek in that one Bret Easton Ellis Movie" version:
(spoiler alert: whitey does say "nigga"!)
7. The "WTF! People Still Doing That Bobby McFerrin Shit?" version:
(spoiler alert: message to number 6 above--brother sings "I thought you should know, BROTHER")
6. The "Busking Vegan Grad Student" version: