From the Archives: A Young Ian McKellen & The Fleshtones Perform Gay Shakespeare Sonnet for Andy Warhol!
Never Mind the Gandalfs--Here's HOT New Wave Ian McKellen!
The endless archive of cultural amazement that the Internet has become already yielded this week evidence of Ricky Gervais' past as synth-pop pin-up in the '80s.
Now our friend Ms. Bukkake Karaoke points us to the awesome blog Dangerous Minds, where some enterprising folk dug up the following (add up the coolness points yourselves):
- A young, hot, already insanely talented Ian McKellen
- Wearing awesome New Wave fashions
- At Andy Warhol's Factory in 1987
- Backed by cult group the Fleshtones
- Reciting a Shakespeare Sonnet
- About gay stuff
- For MTV (during the Golden Age of MTV)
Damn right you wanna see it: