Fanatics! Henry Rollins' KCRW Show Tomorrow Night: An Ian MacKaye Wrap-Up and Loads of Great, New Music
KCRW BROADCAST #211
See also: Henry Rollins: Joe Cole and American Gun Violence
Fanatics! I hope you had a chance to listen to last week's show by now. Ian MacKaye was our guest and like last year, it was a great night that went by all too quickly. I didn't want to spoil the fun by putting what songs we were going to play and many of you Fanatics have written in, asking if we would put up the track list from the show. I think this is it, there might be an extra song in there that we didn't get to but this is pretty close:
01. Booker T. & The MG's - Green Onions / Stax Revue Live At The 5/4 Ballroom
02. Vile Cherubs - Man With A Photograph / The Man Who Has No Eats Has No Sweats
03. Q and Not U - Kiss Distinctly / No Kill No Beep Beep
04. Lungfish - Wailing Like Dragons / Feral Hymns
05. Radio Birdman - New Race / Radios Appear
06. Black Eyes - Drums / Cough
07. Follow Fashion Monkeys - Menagerie / Unreleased session
08. Slant 6 - Double Edged Knife / Soda Pop-Rip Off
09. Stooges - Where You From / It's About Time
10. Eddy Current Suppression Ring - She's Dancing Away / So Many Things
11. Ramsey Lewis - Hang On Sloopy / Hang On Ramsey
01. Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same / 05-25-77 Cap. Centre
02. Happy Go Licky - Twist And Shout - Happy Go Licky Will Play
03. Medications - The Perfect Target / 5 Songs
04. SPRCSS - Ours Is Expanding Light / May 2010
05. Funkadelic - Free Your Mind and Your Ass Will Follow / Live: Rochester, MI 9-12-71
06. The Nurses - DYF / Single
07. Nation Of Ulysses / SS Exploder - Plays Pretty For Baby
08. Red C - Pressure's On / demo?
09. Rocket From The Crypt - Pressure's On / All Systems Go
Ian comes from a very interesting place in music. It's all great and so effortlessly eclectic.
So, tonight, we are back live and do we have a line up of tunes for you, Fanatic! New stuff by Thee Oh Sees, White Fence and White Mystery along with some an earlier Ty Segall track. We just got more new Ty jams from Larry at In The Red and we will get one of the tracks to you soon. It's going to be a great summer for music.
It's been awhile since we have played anything with Vice Cooler in it, so we get to some Kit tonight and of course, we can't stay too far away from the new Marnie Stern, so tonight, another track from Chronicles.
Soon, we will have a lot of new Stooges for you when their new album Ready To Die is released at the end of the month on Fat Possum.
Tonight's Birthday Party track is a b-side, I believe. I always liked this one because it was one of the lesser known tracks of theirs. And I don't think we have played anything by The Mallard on our show. Tonight, we do it. Great album.
We finish the last part of our first hour with a Happy Birthday Ian block, a few days out from his 51st birthday. Some songs he and I grew up listening to that I think you are familiar with and that you will dig. I am sorry the Cramps never did a formal release of "Rocket In My Pocket." They used to play it a lot when we first started seeing them. I forget which vinyl bootleg I took this from but I know we have played it before. Damn, do I miss this band.