Weiss' Muxtapes #5 and #6: The Best "Indie" Songs To Get An Asymmetrical Haircut To (2008 Edition)
So snipe away in the comments section if you will. You can even call me that increasingly meaningless* perjorative, "hipster." All I can really say in my anti-hipster defense is that I still eat hamburgers at In-N-Out, can dunk a basketball and am hitting .368 with a .680 slugging percentage in my Saturday hardball Baseball league (Go Buzz). Now if you'll excuse me it's time to put on a headband and cut my hair in fashionable yet unflattering manner. Good day.
* The word "hipster," of course, only being meaningless when used to potentially describe me.
(Track listing After the Jump)1. Hot Chip - Hold On 2. The Hold Steady - Sequestered In Memphis 3. Vampire Weekend - I Stand Corrected 4. Fleet Foxes - Mykonos 5. Cloudland Canyon - Krautwerk 6. Hercules and Love Affair - Hercules Theme 7. Times New Viking - Drop-Out 8. Crystal Castles - Crimewave (Crystal Castles VS HEALTH) 9. Lykke Li - I'm Good, I'm Gone 10. Black Mountain - Wucan 11. Santogold - Say Aha 12. The Black Keys - So He Won't Break
1. Erykah Badu - The Healer
2. The Kills - Tape Song
3. Muslims - Extinction
4. Mezzanine Owls-Ghost Ship
5. No Age - Ripped Knees
6. The Raconteurs - Carolina Drama
7. The Mae Shi - Run To Your Grave
8. King Khan & the Shrines - Torture
9. The Raveonettes - Aly, Walk With Me
10. Islands - Creeper
11. Wolf Parade - Fine Young Cannibals
12. My Morning Jacket - Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Part 2